12 Forums For Freelance Writers

by Amanda J Evans on February 18, 2010

Freelance writing forums are great.  You can pick up so much information and tips you wouldn’t believe.  Even if you don’t join, browsing these fourms on a daily basis is a great idea.  They allow you to keep up with what is going on, what freelance writers are complaining about, you can get freelance writing jobs, and much more.

I have compiled a list of 12 freelance writing forums for you to take a look at.  I have deliberately left out the warrior forum which I know has a section for writes and the main reason for this is that I’m sure like me you will find it very frustrating.  There are freelance writers on this forum offering their services and they get a lot of replies too but because my rates are not $5 or less for a 500 word article I don’t post there.  I could post my services there but with so many low bids it would be a waste of time.  You are of course free to check it out if you wish.  $5 could be a lot to you in your local currency but in Euro it is only about €3.60.

Freelance Writing Forums

1. Writers Weekly
  2. Absolute Write
  3. Accentuate Writers Forum
  4. Work At Home Moms Who Write
  5. Freelance Writing Forum
  6. About.com Freelance Writing Forum
  7. Media Bistro
  8. Freelance Switch
  9. Freelance Success (subscribers forum)
  10. Experience Project I Am A Freelance Writer
  11. Site Point
  12. Writing.com

There are probably quite a few great freelance writing forums that I have left out of this list so be sure to add them to the comments if you have any recommendations and I will update the list.

Until next time,

Keep Writing

The following two tabs change content below.

Amanda J Evans

Freelance Writer/Ghostwriter/Author
I am a writer and author living in Ireland with my husband and two wonderful children. I have been writing for as long as I can remember and love working in the self help and spiritual genres. My other specialist area is online gambling and I have been writing for this genre since 2007. I am always available to discuss project ideas and collaborations as well as book writing.

{ 4 trackbacks }

uberVU - social comments
02.19.10 at 4:13 pm
Freelancing – 21st Century Way of Making a Living | What's It Take Blog
03.09.10 at 6:53 pm
Freelancing? Think Like a Business Owner | Work Home Money
04.01.10 at 4:15 am
Why You Have to Leave Your Freelance Writing Comfort Zone | Want to Be a Freelancer? Join People Doing the Job They Like!
11.18.14 at 12:33 pm

{ 7 comments… read them below or add one }

1 Nick Daws 02.18.10 at 9:56 pm

Great list. I’d just like to add http://www.mywriterscircle.com, which I help to run. We have over 10,000 members world-wide, and always offer a warm welcome to new members.

2 Amanda 02.19.10 at 8:41 am

Thanks Nick,

I will definitely note this and will update this post.

Amanda

3 George Angus 02.19.10 at 4:20 pm

Amanda,

There is such great value for writers in forum participation. I find that I’ll get fired up and become active, then I gradually migrate to the wayside as things get busy for me. I had seen some of these before, and others are new to me. I look forward to checking them out. And good on you for not participating in a forum that advocates and enhances the low pay concept for freelance writers!

George

4 Amanda 02.19.10 at 7:39 pm

Thanks George,

I tend to stay pretty much on the sideline when it come to forums. I visit and read quite a lot and take whatever information I need. You really can learn a lot. I do tend to avoid participating especially in the forums that are nothing but negative people venting their negative anger at others. There are plenty of these too which I why I prefer to just read more so than partake. I’m sure there are some really great ones and I plan on visiting Nick’s to see what it is like.

Amanda

5 Libor Soural 07.07.10 at 1:40 am

Oh, thank you. I will definitely check them. I don’t remember these. True, people/writers/readers love to bash anyone else on the forums. Tell me about it, the dubbed Czech Hollywood Warrior Priest from Serious Entertainment. Yet the hard fact is that this is the way I make solid money, I’m a Sixth Gospel internet marketing guru for years, selling my 36 books as a unique E book business franchise cashing in on the necessary evil, thoroughly dissecting the human animal, not only me, but other characters that have played a role in my transcendental life. My journey from the communist Czechoslovakia through New York City mayhem and golden Hollywood shit to my little tropical paradise in Nicaragua. Judge for yourselves, folks. It’s my lifetime Serious Entertainment literature, 36 thick volumes, my involvement with Lady Gaga included. My own pictures, the covers of the books, the prefaces are on my blog.

6 wade 01.20.11 at 5:34 pm

My name is wade and i am looking for a free lance writter that is looking to write my story well one of them for a have alot of storys. this is a story of unprofessional docters, unprofessional jugdes, and one some what caring judge. a long time of school with severe learning dissabilitys. and two daughters one with heart problems and one that is so good that she does not deserve to have parents like she has. i am not looking to get rich for i have not ever had anything and have been working on paper since i was 15 and now am almost 37. i have been hit by a car, had my leg distroyed in a bar when out to see my friends play in a band never seud and wrapped it up in leather and went for two years of full time school.and 6 years part time. just to get were most peolpe are when they graduate. not that i have a highschool education i have three pages of schooling, words are not my high lite but i can talk. and yes you could just make a story like this up but never as good as the real thing. i was even in counceling when they sent me to a drug and alchoal counceler for three day i beleave he said he couldn’t help me i asked him why he said drugs and alchoal are not my problem i said why did you keep me in here that long he said he found my story interesting. he got me to a good man that helped me. but charged me to tell him a story. this is not a story of blame it is a story of change. This is not a story to make you rich. This is for the hobbiest writter. for i am not going to pay you anything just give you the tools to write something that my change the world or may just be a good book to read may be just a good story to hear. that is what the writter does with it. i just would like a change for the future for the past happened and the future is always changing. if you are interested please e-mail me at p1m1p@yahoo.com or poormansproductions@yahoo.com i am also on facebook and if interested you can talk to anyone on there about me they all have a story just not all right but all make up the story of wade in general. and i have a lot of friends. please pass this along to someone who might be interested and thank you for taking the time to read this.
sincerely
wade k

7 Adeniyi 07.27.11 at 8:07 pm

Thank you so much, Amanda, for talking about those forums in your post. I will definitely check them. I guess forums can be a great way to build backlinks to a site. Let me invite you and other writers to check out my site. I will be happy if you could check my tips. Thanks!