EzineArticles can be a very good source of information and today I wanted to repost an article that I found very interesting.
Why Is The Use Of Good Grammar Important?
By [http://ezinearticles.com/?expert=Jack_Osborne]Jack Osborne
Good grammar to one skilled in grammatical skills is smooth and easy communication. Bad grammar is similar to an off-key note to a trained musician.
Good Grammar is important in so many ways. When you speak or write, you have an opportunity to make an important first impression. It might be with someone you never will meet again so it may not matter. However, it might be with a possible future employer, a future spouse, someone who will secure your entrance to a college or give you a mortgage to buy a house. You may never know your audience, or what the outcome will be.
And did I say that a first impression doesn’t matter if you’ll never see the person again? Of course it matters! It matters to you, the speaker or writer. Being able to communicate with style and correct grammar often makes a better impression than physical appearance, references, or college degrees. Good grammatical skills should be a matter of pride. No one should be afraid to speak for fear that they will communicate poorly.
A person, who speaks and/or writes with correct grammar is at a great advantage over someone who chooses to do neither or simply doesn’t know how.
What are those advantages?
* Employers are impressed with good communication skills and good English-writing skills. An employee is less likely to advance in any professional capacity if they can’t use good grammar when speaking or writing. A person who uses poor grammar sounds ignorant, and no company wants to be represented by someone who sounds ignorant.
* Employers will be impressed if an employee, whose first language is not English, makes a conscious effort to use good grammar and write better English.
* Those who use good grammar, either in writing or speaking, are treated better. The person with good grammar will get better service in a store, a restaurant, or any other place because they will make a better impression on those with whom they communicate.
* People who use grammar correctly get further in almost every sphere of life. Do you believe that your letter of complaint to the phone company will be taken more seriously if the grammar and spelling are correct? Think about it.
So how does one go about improving grammar? One way is to spend time with someone who communicates with good grammar and then take clues from how that person speaks or writes. Another way is to take classes in grammar and English at community colleges.
And lastly, a great way is to use proofreading software when writing. Any writing you send, publish or hand-in will be better for it. And, you will have the bonus of learning good grammar from what you wrote incorrectly and then be able to use that knowledge in future communication, whether written or verbal.
There are many such English writing software programs available. When you use such a program as a grammar checker or spell checker, you will “kill two birds with one stone.” You immediately will improve your writing, but also learn correct forms of grammar, spelling, and the proper word to use when two words sound alike but have different meanings.
If English is not your native language, English grammar software will help you write – and speak – better English. And better English grammar will improve both your valuable business writing and creative writing skills. Remember… what you say and what you write can be heard and read by many people. Make that great first impression…every time!
Visit http://grammargrammer.com/ and learn how innovative English writing programs instantly can improve all of your writing for any office, home, school or casual writing needs. Especially helpful to those for whom English is not their native language. Also offered are free tips and newsletters on all aspects of good grammar and composition.
Article Source: [http://EzineArticles.com/?Why-Is-The-Use-Of-Good-Grammar-Important?&id=5134263] Why Is The Use Of Good Grammar Important?
Latest posts by Amanda J Evans (see all)
- DoNanza Another Choice For Freelance Writing Jobs? - May 22, 2013
- The Web Content Writer’s Bible – Book Review - May 10, 2013
- Freelance Writing Jobs – Where Do You Get Yours? - April 29, 2013
- Freelance Writing – 5 Mistakes To Avoid - April 22, 2013
- Why Every Freelance Writer Needs A Blog - January 21, 2013